Kinds of hosting solutions
A hosting solution means stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a server hosted by a website hosting vendor. There are various groups of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's review them. Doing so, you can elect what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to build a blog, email address accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by particular providers, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage solutions frequently involve advertisements by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would apportion the workload between independent packs of servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various website hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain vendors offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you would like to share a great quantity of pictures with buddies or acquaintances since the service is commonly free. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to administering your e-mail accounts. Some firms provide hosting services for sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting solution. If you desire to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to keep a website, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can open mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred website visitors, you may have difficulty with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to utilize as many video files as you wish without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to own a web site. To some extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and mail address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Eazy Articles, for example, you can observe web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your website hosting account may be better or worse compared to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for particular content solely.